Litron is looking for a degree educated Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Research & Development team who are committed to continuous innovation and improvement across a diverse set of projects for a range of business sectors.
The successful applicant will be required to be able:
- to generate design assemblies using Autodesk Inventor based upon the constraints and design criteria and be a fully independent “design unit” managing the design project and collaborating with complementary disciplines.
- to generate technical drawings using Autodesk Inventor ready for quotation and production.
- to have experience in designing high precision mechanical. mounts/assemblies and have a deep understanding and the ability to specify material use, finishing and manufacturing methods for the designed parts.
- to generate BOMs, build information, generate stock records and collate all necessary information required for ordering and producing the assemblies.
The responsibility of the individual will be:
- to design, develop and build parts and assemblies necessary to develop new or existing laser systems and modules. This will involve differing levels of input and collaboration with electronics and software engineers and physicists.
- to test and amend designs of new parts so that a project resolution is reached so that the parts/assemblies can enter production, including any necessary build documentation to accompany the designs.
- to manage a small team of mechanical engineering team.
- to manage and control the Design Control Register (DCR) so that feedback from production and test can be used to continually improve the existing product base.
- to work within outlined procedures to ensure proper part records, documentation, quotations and ordering information is all collated.
- to control and administer any BOMs that falls under their responsibility.
- to interact with suppliers and provide necessary PDF and CAD files upon request and to answer any queries pertaining to the designs.
- to manage a small team of mechanical designers.
Applicants should ideally have a graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, with relevant skills and competence with Autodesk Inventor or similar.
Experience with a minimum of 10 years working within a manufacturing engineering role.