The Electrical Test Team Leader will join an established electrical test team that supports the manufacture and production of a wide range of Laser Systems.
- Incoming inspection of subcontract-built PCB’s and Electrical Assemblies.
- Testing of electrical PCB’s and assemblies to procedures set out in the department.
- Keeping Test and traceability records.
- Fault finding and correction of electronic circuits on New Build and Customer Returned products.
- Reworking of PCBs and Assemblies to customer and specification requirements.
- To read and understand electronic schematics and assembly drawings.
- Build test rigs to facilitate testing and proving of circuits/assemblies and evaluating electronic designs.
- Functional and Safety Testing of complete systems.
- Provide Technical support as required.
- Provide training to team members.
Knowledge and Skills
- The Electrical Test Team Leader must have a good knowledge of electronics and electrical principles and experience with the testing of electronic and electrical equipment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are essential, including the writing of reports to support product improvements.
- Experience of team leadership and departmental responsibility would be advantageous.
- To work safely at all times, complying with health and safety and other relevant regulations and guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience with the following would be desirable:
- Preferred qualification is a degree in Electronics/Electrical engineering or HND/HNC.
- Use of test equipment such as bench power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes.
- Previous experience of fault-finding electronic circuits.
- Soldering on small components and the use of rework tools.
It is desirable that applicants can demonstrate that they have a minimum of 5 years working within a manufacturing electrical test department, and equally, it would be advantageous if applicants have staff and/or department management experience.