Litron Laser Ltd in Rugby has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electronics Technician to work in the Electrical Test department where they can demonstrate their electronics and electrical skills as well as have the opportunity to support a small department.
The Electronics Technician will join the manufacturing and technical team, to assist with said manufacture and the support of a wide range of laser systems.
- Incoming inspection of subcontract-built PCB’s and electrical assemblies.
- Testing of electrical PCB’s and assemblies to procedures set out in the department.
- Keeping test and traceability records using office tools such as Excel and Word.
- Fault finding and correction of electronic circuits on new build and customer returned products.
- Reworking of PCBs and assemblies to customer and specification requirements.
- To read and understand electronic schematics and assembly drawings.
- Build test rigs to facilitate testing and proving of circuits/assemblies and evaluating electronic designs.
- Functional and safety testing of complete systems.
- Provide technical support as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred qualifications would be a minimum HND in electronics/electrical engineering or similar.
- The Electronics Technician must have a good knowledge of electronics and electrical circuits to enable the safe testing and fault finding of electronic and electrical equipment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are essential, including the writing of reports to support product improvements.
- To work safely at all times, complying with health and safety regulations and other relevant guidelines.
Experience with the following would be desirable:
- Switch mode and linear power supplies; control systems using analogue and digital electronics.
- Working on high voltage and high energy power supplies.
- Use of test equipment such as function generators, multi-meters, and oscilloscopes.
- Previous experience of fault-finding electronic circuits.
- Practical soldering skills and the use of rework tools.
Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years working within a manufacturing electrical test department, and equally, it would be advantageous if applicants can demonstrate that they have had previous department management responsibilities.
We offer a full-time permanent position with a competitive rate of pay and holiday entitlement, contributory pension scheme, employee benefits programme and employee assistance programme.
To be considered for this role, please apply via email with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Litronlasers.co.uk website.
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK.
Litron Lasers operates an equal opportunity policy and welcomes applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.