Litron Lasers is one of the world’s leading solid-state laser manufacturers. Our lasers find widespread use in a multitude of scientific and industrial applications worldwide. The company requires a highly motivated semiconductor assembly technician.
Role & Responsibilities
Responsible for the day-to-day production and testing of semiconductor die-bonded assemblies, while following record keeping processes.
Other duties include:
- Sub-component preparation for assembly.
- Performing cleanroom upkeep tasks.
- Ensuring that all cleanroom/laboratory systems, processes and procedures are followed to meet legal and good laboratory practice requirements.
- Always working in a safe responsible manner.
- Assisting in developing new processing steps to meet product and technology road-map requirements.
Duties are subject to change as the role develops.
Experience & Skills Required
The technician will be results-driven in producing a quality product. It is essential that the technician has a meticulous and methodical approach to both the practical and test recording aspects of this role.
The technician must demonstrate excellent fine-motor skills and be willing to learn new techniques. The technician must have the ability and confidence to work unsupervised and have good communication skills.
- Candidates must have experience with soldering processes and following detailed assembly recipes.
- Although full training will be provided, experience with (Finetech or other) die-bonding equipment would be beneficial.
- Experience in testing laser products would be beneficial.
- Experience working in a manufacturing cleanroom environment is preferred.
- Experience handling ESD-sensitive devices.
- Must be comfortable using computers and competent with basic Microsoft Office.
Litron offers the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to work for a well-established laser design and manufacturing company
- Lifestyle balance with working hours
- Competitive Rates of Pay and Holiday Entitlement
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Employee Benefits Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Annual Company Discretionary Bonus Scheme
To be considered for this role, please apply via email with a CV and covering letter stating your current salary to the Human Resources Department.
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Copies of Passport and Visa will be requested for verification.
Litron Lasers operates an equal opportunity policy and welcomes applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.